A gift for the farmers from the Government of Gujarat has launched a new scheme with the name “Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana 2023 (મુખ્યમંત્રી કિસાન સહાય યોજના)“, under which farmers suffering from crop loss due to drought, excessive rainfall, or unseasonal rain, will get compensation without paying any premium. Due to the pandemic of COVID 19, the most publicized scheme of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) has been suspended in Gujarat for one year. Instead of the above, the मुख्यमंत्री किसान सहाय योजना is implemented. The reason for the suspension of PMFBY is a huge amount of premium.
So let’s go down to the article where we will give you detailed information like what is Chief Minister Kisan Sahay Yojana and how it works and how it is different from the earlier scheme, what are the registration process and eligibility criteria, required documents, beneficiary list, etc. So continue reading ahead.
Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana (MKSY) 2023 Gujarat
Recently, Gujarat Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani has announced a new scheme ‘મુખ્યમંત્રી કિસાન સહાય યોજના’ for a year duration which is replaced with CM Fasal Bima Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY). The main reason for the replacement of the scheme is that the insurance companies have kept the premium or insurance fees quite high which will put a burden on the state treasury. Under the Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana of the state, the farmers are exempted from paying any premium and get protection from natural risks like drought, excess, or unseasonal rains in this Kharif season.
Mukyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana 2023 – Highlights
|Scheme Name||Kisan Sahay Yojana 2023|
|In Gujarati||મુખ્યમંત્રી કિસાન સહાય યોજના|
|Started By||Gujarat Government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Mr. Vijay Rupani|
|Objective||To insurance of farmers’ crops|
|Beneficiary||Farmers of the state|
|Helpline Number||Click Here|
|Scheme Type||State Govt Agri Scheme|
Gujarat Kisan Sahay Yojana – કિસાન સહાય યોજના
There is a new crop insurance scheme that has been started to benefit the farmers of the state. Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana, New Crop Insurance Scheme Farmers of the state have to bear economic losses due to irregularities in rainfall, especially during the Kharif season. Under this scheme, the farmers of the state will not be required to pay any premium. In case of loss of crops due to natural calamities, farmers will also be eligible for additional compensation under the State Disaster Response Fund.
As you all know that due to natural calamities, the crops of farmers suffer a lot of damage, farmers in Gujarat also suffer economic losses from this. In view of the same problem, the Gujarat government has started this new Gujarat Chief Minister Kisan Sahay Yojana. Let’s get to know the scheme in detail.
Eligibility Criteria for Mukyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana
To avail of the benefits of કિસાન સહાય યોજના, you must fulfill all the eligibility conditions:
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Gujarat state.
- To apply for this scheme, you must have a farmer account under the Forest Rights Act 8-A.
- Only those farmers who have sown crops in this Kharif season.
- Compensation for a maximum of 4 hectares of land will be given to eligible farmers.
Benefits of Gujarat CM Kisan Sahay Yojana
There are various benefits given to the farmers under કિસાન સહાય યોજના which are given below;
- Benefited People => According to the survey the scheme will benefit around 56 lakhs of farmers.
- Financial Aid Amount => Rs 25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand) per hectare will be given to beneficiaries.
- No Premium Insurance => According to the scheme, to avail of the insurance facility, beneficiaries are exempted from paying any premium to get the coverage.
- Financial Aid on Loss => The beneficiary will provide financial aid for 60% of the loss of the farming.
- Compensation to the Fund => Money will be added to this scheme from the State Disaster Response Fund to provide assistance to farmers after any natural disaster.
Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana Financial Assistance
- Help during Drought => If the monsoon does not rain continuously for 28 days, the scheme will provide assistance to the beneficiaries. Even if a place receives 10 inches or less of rainfall during two monsoon periods till 31 August, it will still be considered an undisturbed area.
- Help with Heavy Rain => This scheme will provide assistance to those farmers who have suffered heavy rains for 4 hours during the monsoon, areas such as Surat, Navsari, Bharuch, Narmada, Valsad, Tapi, and Dang in south Gujarat are suffering from such incidents.
- Erratic Rainfall => In the state of Gujarat, there is normal rainfall from 15 October 15 to November, farmers will be provided assistance at such times. If there is 20 mm of rain for 6 consecutive hours, then it can cause damage. In such cases, the Gujarat government Will help farmers.
Coverage & Premium Amount of કિસાન સહાય યોજના
According to the rule of this scheme, if the loss is from 33% to 60%, then Rs 20,000 per hectare will be;
- If the loss is more than 60%, then the amount of assistance will be Rs 25,000 per hectare.
- In case of any natural calamity, some more assistance will be provided for damage control.
How to Apply for Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana?
- To apply for Mukhyamantri Farmer Assistance Scheme, visit the official website of the Agriculture, Farmer Welfare & Co-operation Dept at https://agri.gujarat.gov.in/index.htm.
- After getting the application form, visit the e-Gram Center with all the documents that are mentioned below.
- This scheme can prove to be a saving grace for the farmers of Gujarat.
- Chief Minister of Gujarat State has announced that this scheme is going to be implemented in the coming Kharif crop season.
- The revenue department of Gujarat will soon launch a web portal to speed up the application process. So that online applications can be made to take advantage of this scheme. As soon as the web portal of this Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana arrives, we will inform you immediately.
Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana Required Documents
- Residence Proof => The farmers must have to submit their residence proof at the time of application.
- Identity Proof => To prove your identity, the farmers must submit any document which proves their identity.
- Farmer’s Account Information => All farmers are also required to submit an 8-A Farmer account document.
- Bank Account Number => The amount under the scheme will be transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account, so provide bank account details.
Check Kisan Sahay Yojana 2023 Beneficiary List
Some rules have been made to prepare the beneficiary list whose list is furnished below:
- According to the damage, a list of Talukas will be prepared by the District Collector.
- Revenue Department will provide funds allocated to the respective Talukas.
- A special survey team will visit the affected areas to conduct a survey in 15 days.
- After the survey, the District Development Officer will announce the names of the farmers and they will be added to the beneficiary list.
- Two types of lists will be ready – One list will be for the loss of 33% to 60% and the other will be for the loss of more than 60%.
Procedure for preparing beneficiary list under MKSY
Under Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana, the Beneficiary List District Collector will prepare a list of all the people of the Taluka/Village whose crops have been damaged due to drought, heavy rainfall, or seasonal rainfall.
- Subsequently, this list will be shared with the Department of Revenue.
- This list should be shared with the revenue department within 7 days.
- After this, a survey team will come and review the loss within 15 days.
- After all these processes are successful, the District Development Officer will declare the beneficiary farmer’s list signed by him.
Contact Details (Helpline Number)
- Agriculture, Farmers Welfare and Co-operation Department
- Office Address: Block No. 5, First floor, New Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Phone Number: 079-23250802
- Email ID: [email protected]
- ૧૦૦ દિવસ પ્રજાની સેવા માટે સંકલ્પબદ્ધ સરકારના
I hope the above article meets your queries. In case you have more questions, let us know, and we will answer your every question. Keep visiting our website for more updates. Thanks-