Odisha Garima Scheme 2024 | ଓଡିଶା ଗାରିମା ଯୋଜନା-: During the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone is praising doctors for their contribution towards society. But there is another group of people that needs to be treated equally by us that is ‘Sanitation Workers’. They are regularly doing their work and even more in the corona era to prevent the spread of viruses. Considering this, Mr. Naveen Patnaik, the chief minister of Odisha has launched the Garima Scheme on 11th September 2024.
Odisha Garima Scheme Application Form 2024
Around 20,000 sanitation workers will be benefited from this scheme along with their families to cover the population of 1 lakh of state of Odisha. A dedicated corpus fund initially with Rs 50 crore will also be created. A state commission for core workers will also be constituted. The scheme will be implemented by the Housing Urban Development (H&UD) Department through 114 local bodies (ULBs) of core sanitation workers.
In this growing world safety and reputation of manual scavengers is still not sure. These people who provide invaluable service to the community are deprived of security, respect, and good livelihood. Sanitation workers have been at the bottom of the social and economic ladder who suffer from untold miseries and huge social stigma. In order to fix this injustice to the sanitation employees, this new scheme has been started for their welfare.
What is all about of Odisha Garima Scheme 2024?
As we told you above that the Chief Minister of Odisha state Mr. Naveen Patnaik has recently launched the “Odisha Garima Scheme 2024”. While launching this scheme the CM said that “It is a humble tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary who fought throughout his life for the rights, equality and social dignity of these underprivileged people. These underprivileged people are deprived of safety, dignity & a decent livelihood, apart from suffering social stigma & exclusion. The GARIMA scheme will help in realizing the dreams of our Father of Nation and give the sanitation workers their rightful place in society.” The CM also appreciated the contribution of sanitation workers in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this article, we will let you know all the details about the Odisha Garima Scheme (ଓଡିଶା ଗାରିମା ଯୋଜନା).
Objectives of Odisha Garima Yojana-
The purpose of the Garima scheme is to identify through state-wide survey and register core sanitation workers, mandates registration of sanitation service providers, and ensures the provision of necessary machines and appropriate PPEs to ensure safe working conditions. This scheme is the first of its kind by any state in India to provide a comprehensive package which includes:
- Institutionalizing and regulating the core sanitation services
- Providing service level benefits
- Social security and financial benefits to core sanitation workers and their families.
- Focus on Enforcement statutory provisions under various national and state legislations.
- Financial benefits to scavengers and their families.
Benefits of Odisha Garima Welfare Scheme-
Let us have a look at the benefits, the sanitation workers will receive from the scheme:
- Core sanitation workers will receive skilling and training to improve their skills.
- Introduction of a special category of wages for core sanitation workers.
- Health and life insurance
- Disability support
- Periodic health check-ups
- Housing support
- Educational support
- Mobility support
- Mobile support
- Introduction of Risk and Hardship Allowance
- Financial assistance to families in an event of accident or injury
- Financial support in form of House Grant
- Purchase of 2 wheelers to the extent of 90% of the cost
- Access to EPF
- Retirement and post-service benefits
- Illness allowance
All of these benefits under the Garima Scheme will provide further security to around 20,000 core sanitation workers and their families to cover at-least one lakh population.
Chief Minister Mr. Naveen Patnaik Launches Odisha Garima Scheme 2024 (ଓଡିଶା ଗାରିମା ଯୋଜନା) for Safety and Dignity of Core Sanitation Workers. Here are the official tweets about the launch of the Garima Scheme by CM Naveen Patnaik through his twitter ID @Naveen_Odisha
You can also visit the official website at https://www.odisha.gov.in/ to know more about the scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is Odisha Garima Scheme?
To ensure safety and dignity to core sanitation workers, the Odisha government has launched the Garima Welfare Scheme.
- Who launches Odisha Garima Scheme?
Chief Minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik.
- How many people would be benefited from Garima Yojana in Odisha?
Approx 20 thousand core sanitation workers and their families, a total of 1 lakh population of the state.
- Where the Garima scheme would be implemented in Odisha?
In around 114 urban local bodies (ULBs).
You May Also Like: