Masked Aadhaar Card Explained, How to Download Masked Aadhar Card Online – As we all know that in today’s time, an Aadhar card is necessary for the majority of work. We need Aadhar for opening a bank account, getting a credit card, online booking a flight, etc. As it has unique identification features, the government has implemented this on every platform. Through this card, the central government wants to ensure the other bearers some privacy in order to maintain a layer of security. With Masked Aadhar, the government is trying to conceal some characters and show just a few pieces of information.
So today through this article, we will provide you with all details about the Masked Aadhaar Card Download Process. We will also share all the important information about this card. This includes the eligibility criteria, major benefits, along with the online process to download a Masked Aadhar Card.
Meaning of Masked Aadhaar Card
At the official web portal, the government has given the interpretation of A Masked Aadhar Card as: “The Mask Aadhaar Card enables citizens to hide their Aadhaar card number in their downloaded e-Aadhaar card.” A masked Aadhaar card number consists of removing the first 8 numbers of the Aadhaar number with a unique character such as “XXXX”. This leaves only the last four numbers visible.
In India, an Aadhaar card is required for KYC/ e-KYC, as proof of address, and as identity proof. With a large number of Aadhaar usage scenarios, it’s essential to have a soft copy of your Aadhar on your phone and PC. One can have all details in masked Aadhar as only the 12-digit unique number is exposed.
So to have an E-Aadhaar is quite beneficial in several ways and that too, in a masked manner. This helps in protecting all the sensitive personal details that are linked to your Aadhaar Card number. This is almost similar to digital platforms, this only shows the last digits of a mobile number or the last few numbers of debit/credit cards.
The government of India published this advisory on the 27th of May 2022, and they suggested that individuals only use their Masked Aadhar cards rather than sharing photocopies of their original Aadhaar cards. After acknowledging the risk of privacy associated with the actual Aadhar card, they initiated the concept of masked Aadhar. Presently, there are so many people who are still not aware of this kind of Aadhar.
Masked Aadhaar Card Download – Overview
|Name of the Article||Masked Aadhaar Card|
|Date of Advisory Launch||27th of May 2022|
|Major Beneficiaries||Only Aadhaar Card Bearers|
|Benefits||To protect personal information and maintain privacy|
|Download Link||Available below|
|Official Web Portal||https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/|
Objectives of Masked Aadhaar Card
The major aim of this Masked Aadhaar is to ensure cardholders’ high security and privacy. With the implementation of a mask for Aadhaar, citizens may transmit their disguised Aadhaar with various platforms without fear of any privacy issues. Individuals can also use their Masked Aadhar on any legal platform as a kind of legal document. For this, they don’t need to worry about displaying their Aadhar number.
The only eligibility standard to download a masked Aadhar card is that the individuals must be registered or enrolled for an Aadhaar card.
Major Benefits of Masked Aadhar Card
- The government has taken an important decision to connect electoral cards with this highly digital age. As Aadhar is rapidly becoming more and more sensitive day by day in our society. Individuals can now have a digital copy of their Aadhaar with them.
- It has become necessary to conceal all the information on the card or use a disguised Aadhar number. The government has significantly improved the user’s security and privacy through this masked Aadhaar. It is one of the most beneficial advantages of this initiative.
- Earlier we used to get photocopies of the original Aadhaar cards. The government warned the individuals that doing this may cause them to divulge their Aadhaar card numbers. This might ultimately put them in serious jeopardy. When any Aadhar card is masked, its unique numbers are concealed, and the card’s last 4 numbers are the only ones that are visible.
- As per the UIDAI, citizens should use their Aadhaar card with proper caution. They mainly caution against using Aadhaar for activities that have not been legally authorized or for any promotional purposes.
Download Masked Aadhaar Card through Aadhar Number
In order to download your Masked Aadhaar Card, you need to follow the below-mentioned simple steps:
- First of all, only those citizens can download their masked Aadhar card who already have their Aadhar card.
- For this, you need to open the official website portal of the Aadhar card i.e https://uidai.gov.in/.
- On the homepage of the website, you will get the menu section “MyAadhaar”.
- Kindly click on the option of Aadhar and then hit on the shown option named “Download Aadhar”.
- As a result, a new page will appear on your screen. This will have a heading of “Download an electronic copy of your Aadhaar”.
- You need to provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number along with your complete name and pin code. Also, don’t forget to click on the option named “I want a masked Aadhaar”.
- Then you need to fill in the captcha verification code and also on send OTP button. An OTP will be delivered to your registered mobile number, and you need to enter the OTP in that verification box. Now click on the submit button.
- With this simple process, you can easily download your masked Aadhaar by providing your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Procedure to Download Masked Aadhar Card through Enrollment Number
- Firstly, you need to open the official website page of the e-Aadhaar card.
- On the homepage of the UIDAI website, you will get the menu section “My Aadhaar”. You need to click on the option of “Download Aadhar”.
- Consequently, a new page will appear in front of your screen. This will have the heading “Download an electronic copy of your Aadhaar.”
- Then you will get three options. Out of these, you need to select the Enrollment ID to move ahead.
- Now enter the 28-digit enrollment number along with your complete name and after that fill out your pin code and then hit on the option of “I want to download mask Aadhaar”
- Lastly, click on the submit button to download your masked Aadhaar card.
Steps to Download Masked Aadhaar Card Download via Virtual ID
- Visit the official web portal of the UIDAI Aadhar card.
- On the web homepage, click on the option of “Download Aadhar” under the MyAadhaar section.
- As a result, a new page will appear in front of your screen. This will have the option of “Download an electronic copy of your Aadhaar.”
- Now you need to select between three options to download an Aadhar card and you have to click on a virtual ID.
- After that, you need to enter the 16-digit virtual ID and choose the option “I want a disguised Aadhaar”.
- Also, you need to click the transmit OTP button, and an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile phone number.
- Once you have got the OTP, fill it into the website’s interface.
- After the verification of OTP is completed, you will get the option to download the masked Aadhar, which you can accomplish easily.
Masked Aadhar Card Download using mAadhaar App
In order to download a digital or masked Aadhar card, you need to follow the below-mentioned simple steps:
- Firstly, open the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Then you need to search for the mAadhaar App at the search bar.
- Now download this app and install it on your device.
- On this app, you need to find “Download e-Aadhaar”, which is available under the all services section.
- After that, you need to choose a Masked Aadhaar Card and then select any one of the options among the 3 to proceed ahead. You need to select your Aadhar number or virtual ID number or enrollment number to continue that.
- If you select the Aadhar Number. Then you need to provide your 12-digit Aadhaar card number on the home screen. If you select the Virtual ID Number, then you need to enter the virtual ID number, and if you select the Rolling Mint Idea option, then you need to fill in the enrollment number, which consists of 28 digits.
- So whatever option you select, you need to fill out the numbers and then type the captcha code.
- Now click on the option of the “Request OTP” button. An OTP will be delivered to your mobile phone and you need to verify it.
- After the verification process, the download option will be obtainable to you.
- With this simple process, you can easily download your Masked Aadhaar Card using the mobile app.