The Government of Assam has relaunched an old scheme called as “Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) Yojana”. The scheme was previously launched in 2017-18 but it did not provide the desired results so it was relaunched in order to provide benefit to the youths. This scheme was announced by the Finance Minister of Assam Mr. Himanta Biswa Sarma in his budget speech on 4th September 2020. The scheme will provide Rs 50,000 each to 2 Lakh youth to support them financially.
The scheme has been sanctioned with a budget of Rs 1000 crore to be used in the next three months. It is redesigned to generate financial support for the youth for employment opportunities. Through this article, we will discuss all this scheme. We will share all the aspects of the Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment scheme i.e Guidelines & Application Form PDF, SVAYEM Loan Scheme List, etc. The scheme could also get repeated annually with the possibility of increasing the number of beneficiaries.
- 1 Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) Yojana
- 1.1 Objectives of Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Yojana-
- 1.2 Eligibility Conditions for Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme-
- 1.3 Documents Required for Swami Vivekananda Assam Yojana-
- 1.4 Benefits of SVAYEM Scheme 2020-
- 1.5 How to Apply for Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Scheme?
Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) Yojana
As we told you above that the Assam Govt has relaunched the Swami Vivekananda Yuva Rojgar Yojana for the unemployed youths of the state. Those who will be benefited from the scheme in a district will be selected in a proportion to population. The assistance will be provided to micro and small businesses engaged in trading, manufacturing, and service sectors. The help is to be provided by the state government’s revenue without any support from any banking sources. The government is opening its economy through an unlocking process. But there are many problems in its way. To remove the problem, the government is launching this scheme, which will help individuals to restart their business as early as possible.
|Name of Scheme||SVAYEM Loan Scheme|
|Launched By||Finance Minister Mr. Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Objectives||To provide loan for youth empowerment|
|Beneficiary||Unemployed youths of the state|
|Category||State Govt Scheme|
Objectives of Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Yojana-
- This scheme mainly targets the unemployed youth of Assam in a way so as to give them direction for employment and business opportunities.
- It also focuses on the growth of traditional artisans of Assam.
- The aim of this scheme to improve the income level by providing financial support or credits to them.
Eligibility Conditions for Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme-
In order to apply for the Assam SVAYEM scheme, candidates must fulfill the mentioned eligibility criteria below:
- The candidates applying for this scheme must be the resident of Assam only.
- There is a need to provide identification proof at the time of registration.
- Anyone who is above the age of 18 but less than the age of 40 will be considered eligible for the scheme.
- He/she should have skill experience, knowledge to undertake the income-generating activities.
- The applicant must be the part of self-help groups (SHGs) joint liability and other such groups prior to 1st September 2020.
Documents Required for Swami Vivekananda Assam Yojana-
- As the candidate must have passed the 10th standard, so there is a condition of having an educational certificate to enjoy the benefit of the scheme.
- The applicant should have a suitable document for justifying them as a native of the state.
- Candidates applying for the Swami Vivekananda Assam scheme need to provide identification proof like Voter ID card, Ration, or Aadhar card.
Nature of Activities:
- Tourism Sector
- Service Sector
- Rural Transport Service (Auto Rickshaw, e-Rickshaw)
- Shops, Repairing Centres, Handicraft, Cottage Industries, etc.
Negative List of Activities:
Below are the activities which are not considered under the Swami Vivekananda Assam Yojana.
- It includes cigarettes, pan masala, bidi, etc.
- Manufacturing of intoxicant items is also not under the scheme.
- Plastics bags below 40 microns and sales outlets of liquor.
Benefits of SVAYEM Scheme 2020-
- The total budget for the Swami Vivekananda Assam scheme 2020 is Rs 1000 Crore which will be given by the state government.
- Every selected candidate will get the seed money of Rs 50,000 under the SVAYEM scheme.
- If any group has 5 members then they will get Rs 50,000 per head, the group of 10 members would get Rs 5 Lakh under this scheme.
Work under the SVAYEM scheme – The groups under the scheme would be given a free contracting license to work in departments like flood control and PWD. For more details of SVAYEM Yojana, Kindly click the below link.
How to Apply for Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Scheme?
All interested and eligible candidates who want to apply for SVAYEM Scheme need to follow the below process:
- First of all, visit the official website of SVAYEM 2020 at https://assam.gov.in/en/main/SVAYEM.
- Then the SVAYEM Scheme Assam portal will be opened.
- Now download the Application Form PDF and then fill it up carefully with all the details.
- Next, attach the required documents as prescribed in the form.
- Finally, submit the application form to the concerned department.
Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment, groups seeking to avail benefits of the scheme will be able to register themselves at the new portal. The new portal for filling the form will be launched on 16th September 2020. After that, you can follow the above process to complete an online application.
You May Also Like: