Life of Swami Vivekananda Book PDF Download: Swami Vivekananda Biography (Wiki) is now available on this page. As you already heard about Swami Vivekananda and his teachings but many of you don’t know about his life. However, in today’s article, we are going to tell you about Swami Vivekananda’s Personal Life, Education, Works, Teachings, Achievements, etc. Also, we have shared some of his great and famous sayings “Quotes” that he always believed. Apart from that, we have summarized some of his teachings and from that, you can learn and follow his path. So, we would like to request all the readers to keep on reading this blog post ahead and get all the details related to Swami Vivekananda.
Life of Swami Vivekananda Book PDF Download
“Swami Vivekananda” was a Hindu spiritual leader and a Hindu monk. He was born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata, West Bengal. Vivekananda’s father’s name was Biswanath Dutta, a famous and successful lawyer. His mother was Bhubaneswari Devi, she was a woman who believed in God with deep devotion. Therefore, his mother has a huge impact on his upbringing and his charming character. However, he was a great thinker, a great orator, and a passionate patriot.
Vivekananda Ji was well known as Narendra Nath Dutta in his childhood. He was a person with open-minded thinking and simply living life. He was an Indian Hindu monk and a key figure in the introduction of the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga to the western world. Swami Vivekananda presented Hinduism at the Parliament of Religions in Chicago which made him famous. His personality was more inspiring and well-known in both India and America. Moreover, he was one of the most influential philosophers and social reformers in contemporary India.
His birth anniversary on 12th January is celebrated as National Youth Day every year. This year, 25th National Youth Festival was observed and was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi and is a five-day festival. It was held in Puducherry on 12 January 2023. The main aim of the festival is to ignite, motivate and activate the youth of India toward nation-building. However, Swami Vivekananda died on 4th July 1902 at Belur Math, due to failure of the blood vessels in his brain.
Tomorrow, 12th January is a special day. We pay homage to Swami Vivekananda and mark National Youth Day as a tribute to India’s Yuva Shakti. At 10:30 AM tomorrow, will address the valedictory programme of the National Youth Parliament Festival. https://t.co/36FfwPpeXH
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 11, 2021
Life of Swami Vivekananda Book PDF in Hindi – Overview
|Article About||Swami Vivekananda Biography|
|Name of PDF||Life of Swami Vivekananda Book PDF|
|Number of pages||473|
|PDF size||11 MB|
|Category||eBooks (Novel) PDF|
|PDF Download Link||Click Here|
Swami Vivekananda Teachings & Philosophy
Vivekananda harmonized the east and the west, science, religion, past, and the present, so he is great. He wanted to fill the young brains with the power of self-realization through his teachings. Also, emphasize character formation, service to others, an optimistic look, recognition of inner strength, tireless efforts, and many more.
He taught us the importance of nationalism in his bold writings. He wrote, ‘our sacred motherland is the land of philosophy and religion. There is some principle in Life of swami Vivekananda’s educational philosophy.
- Vivekananda believes that Educational should cover all the aspects of life physical, material, emotional, moral, and spiritual.
- He is a strong supporter of women’s education and was always against child marriage.
- He taught us that god is in every human being regardless of social status so we should serve every mankind.
- Vivekananda linked morality with control of the mind, seeing truth, purity, and unselfishness as traits that strengthened it.
- He advised his followers to be holy, and unselfish and to have shraddhā (faith).
- Vivekananda supported brahmacharya, believing it the source of his physical and mental stamina and eloquence.
Swami Vivekananda Work
Swami Vivekananda contributed to the literary field with his works Bhakti Yoga, My Master, Raja Yoga, etc. His modern Vedanta and Raja Yoga became the Youth’s great inspiration. His teachings and valuable ideas became the greatest philosophical asset of India. He founded Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission in the name of his guru in 1897. He is the founder of Ramakrishna Mission and Belur Math in Calcutta, which are still working towards helping the needy. And also helped in spreading the religious and spiritual teachings of Vivekananda.
Moreover, he described the principles of Vedanta, their spiritual significance, etc. He also established the branches of Ramakrishna Mission in other countries. And he stayed around two and a half years in America itself and founded the Vedanta Society of New York. After that, he also traveled to the United Kingdom to preach the philosophies, spiritualism, and principles of Vedanta. Therefore, he became famous globally due to his Speech in Chicago. Many Indian leaders were attracted by his nationalist views and great thoughts. However, everyone started praising his teachings and thoughts about life, Hinduism, and spirituality.
Swami Vivekananda met Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
In 1881 Narendra first met Ramakrishna, who became his spiritual focus after his own father had died in 1884. Narendra went to Dakshineswar with two friends and met Ramakrishna. However, this meeting proved to be a turning point in Swami Vivekananda’s life. Vivekananda was very eager to see God and know about the existence of God. When he met Sri Ramakrishna at Dakshineswar, he asked him whether he had seen God. Then, Ramakrishna told him God lives within every human being. So, if we serve mankind, then we can serve God. Influenced by his divine spirituality, Vivekananda accepted Ramakrishna as his guru and started his monk life at age of just 25.
Later in his life, he founded the Ramakrishna Mission which is rendering voluntary social service to the poor and distressed irrespective of religion, caste, and creed. He also introduced the Indian Philosophy of Hinduism to western countries and led the ‘Vedanta Movement. Ramakrishna told his disciples to see Vivekananda as their leader and spread the ‘Vedanta philosophy, before his death. He followed Ramakrishna throughout his life and took all his responsibilities after his death. As Ramakrishna died in the early-morning hours of 16 August 1886 in Cossipore.
Swami Vivekananda Famous Quotes
Below we have mentioned the list of Swamiji’s famous quotes, that everyone should read and understand the real meaning behind it.
- Arise, awake, awaken others, and stop not till the goal is reached.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, and live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, and every part of your body, be full of that idea and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- Where can we go to find God if we cannot see him in our own hearts and in every living being?
- Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
- The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.
This is how you can download the Life of Swami Vivekananda Book PDF using the direct link given in the above table. If you have queries related to this post then let us know in the comment section. We will revert you back ASAP!!