GeM Portal Login & Online Registration is now available on the official website of the Government e-Marketplace @gem.gov.in. Under this portal, Government allows you to buy or sell stocks/ products to the Government department directly at a reasonable price. However, if you want to take benefit from this GeM Portal, you need to register on the portal.
In today’s article, we have shared all the information regarding GeM Portal Login, Online Registration, etc. Moreover, we have also discussed the objectives and benefits of this Government e-Marketplace Portal. So, if you want to grab complete information about the GeM Portal then you must continue reading ahead.
About GeM Portal Login
The Government of India has started a portal called GeM Portal which is referred to as Government e-Marketplace. It is officially launched by the Ministry of Commerce And Industry on 9th August 2016. However, the main motive of this portal is to create an online marketplace for people to buy and sell goods and services. In simple words, it is an online medium between a buyer and a seller for various types of products. As you must be aware that nowadays complete procurement of Government departments is done through GEM Portal. So, it is mandatory for all the sellers to be registered under the GeM website.
Moreover, Gem Portal is one of the initiatives started by the Government that comes under the Digital India Campaign. From buying to selling the products everything is done digitally without visiting the government department physically. This portal provides completely paperless transactions to allow the purchase of goods in the most efficient method.
GeM Portal/ Official Website – Highlights
|Name of Website||GeM Portal/ Government e-Marketplace|
|Launched By||Ministry of Commerce and Industry|
|State||All States of India|
|Benefit||To Provide Government Online Marketplace to the people|
|Beneficiary||Registered GeM Sellers|
|GeM Buyers||Government Offices|
|GeM Sellers||Enterprises and OEMs|
Objectives & Benefits of Government e-Marketplace
- Firstly, the main objective of GeM Portal is to provide an online platform where the sale and purchase of products and services can be done efficiently with minimal effort.
- Secondly, the GeM website is an accessible platform that has no manual obstacles, as the portal is all about absolute transparency.
- Also, it provides a guarantee of absolute security and safety throughout the entire process.
- The buyer can examine and compare the prices of the products prior to concluding the purchase.
- GeM Portal allows customers to purchase items and services online without any difficulty.
- The portal also has many options, including transparency efficiency, security, and efficiency prices for the site are lower.
- The website also has an option of returning products to ensure the highest quality of products.
- Sellers have direct access to different government departments with so many options.
- Sellers can receive suggestions for their products, which can help increase sales.
- Overall, we can say that GeM Portal is extremely user-friendly for buyers and sellers both.
List of Important Documents Required for GeM Portal
In order to apply for Government e-Marketplace Registration @gem.gov.in, you need to upload some of the important documents given below;
- Aadhar Card
- Firm Name
- GST number
- Address of Enterprise
- Products Listing
- Photo of the user
How to register online under GeM Portal?
All the interested people who have all the required documents and want to apply for the registration can follow below given steps and procedure for GeM Portal Online Registration;
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the Government e-Marketplace or you can click on the given link => https://gem.gov.in/
- Now on the web homepage, you have to click on the Sign-Up Button.
- And then, select between “Seller or Buyer” Registration.
- After that, you need to enter your Name and Firm details.
- Also, enter your GST Number, Aadhar Card, and other vital details.
- Now, submit the form and wait for GEM Portal to approve your Registration.
- Once the GEM Registration is complete, you will get a GEM ID and Password.
- With the help of this GEM ID & Password, you can easily log in to the GeM website.
Procedure for GeM Portal Login @gem.gov.in
Follow the below-mentioned process to Login under the Government e-Marketplace Portal;
- Navigate to the official website of GeM by clicking the given link www.gem.gov.in
- On the homepage of the website, at the top left corner, you’ll find the option to log in, click on it.
- Now, a new page will open, where you need to enter your GeM User ID.
- After that, enter the Captcha code.
- And then, click on the Submit option and you’ll be redirected to a new page.
- On the next page, you need to enter your password.
- Finally, click on the “Login” button to sign in to your account.
- In this way, you can easily log in to the GeM Portal and can use various services.
Note – In case, you will have any query related to GeM Portal or Government e-Marketplace, you can contact on the below given toll-free helpline number.
Helpline Number => 1800-419-3436