CSD AFD Portal Registration/ Login 2023-24 online is now available on the official website at afd.csdindia.gov.in. In today’s article, we are going to share information regarding the CSD AFD Online Canteen Shopping Portal. In order to do shopping from the online canteen, you need to be registered under the AFD CSD Web Portal. If you are a registered user you can directly log in to the official website. And after that, you can start purchasing from the online canteen store AFD CSD Portal.
Apart from that, we have mentioned the list of documents required in order to register yourself under the portal. Below in this blog post, you can find complete details related to CSD AFD Portal Online Registration 2023-24. So, all the beneficiaries of this portal continue reading this article ahead and grab all the necessary information.
CSD AFD Portal Online Registration 2023
The Government of India has launched the Online Portal called “CSD AFD Portal”. However, AFD refers to “Against Firm Department” and CSD stands for “Canteen Store Department”. And this portal is announced by Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh on 08 January 2021. Through this portal Items can be Purchased Against Firm Demand [AFD] from [CSD] Canteen Stores Department.
The main aim of this portal is to provide an Online Canteen Store Shopping Platform to beneficiaries including Serving & Retired persons from the Armed Forces and Serving Civilian Defence employees. With the help of this, they can purchase AFD-I items like Cars, Motorcycles, Washing machines, TVs, Fridges, etc from CSD.
Most importantly, all of this purchasing can be done online mode while sitting at home. So, the government has created an online shopping platform for more than 45 Lakh beneficiaries using this facility. Moreover, this will help in the welfare of all Jawans and Officers of the Armed Forces and the Veterans. Shri Rajnath Singh said that this project comes under the vision of Digital India, by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. He complimented the entire team for the successful completion of this project.
CSD Online Canteen Store Portal – Key Highlights
|Article about||CSD AFD Portal Online Registration 2023-24|
|Dept Name||Canteen Store Department|
|Launched By||Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh|
|State||All States of India|
|Benefit||To Provide an Online Canteen Store Shopping Platform|
|Beneficiary||All CSD Card Holders|
|Products||AFD Category Items|
|Payment||Online Mode Only|
|Post-category||Online Shopping Portal|
Advantages of CSD AFD Online Portal
The followings are the important benefits of the CSD AFD Portal;
- All the beneficiaries of this portal can buy CSD products easily from home.
- However, there is no need to go to the Canteen Department Stores to buy products.
- With the help of this Online Platform time and money will be saved easily.
- Expensive items like laptops, microwave ovens, refrigerators, cars, motorcycles, etc can be bought online.
- And because of the Covid pandemic, everyone has to follow social distancing rules, so this is a good step.
- Also, you can do online payments to avoid a physical visit to pay due to COVID-19.
Important Documents Required For CSD Registration
Below, we have mentioned the list of documents required for the AFD CSD Online Registration 2023-24;
- PAN Card
- Grocery Card/ Canteen Card
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Date of Retirement
- Date of Enrollment
- Email Id, etc.
How to register under CSD AFD Online Portal 2023-24?
If you have checked all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria or documents required for the CSD AFD Portal. If you find yourself eligible for this web portal, then you may check out the below-mentioned registration process;
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the CSD AFD Online Portal i.e afd.csdindia.gov.in.
- On the web homepage, you will see a link stating SHOP NOW, you have to click on that.
- After that, you will be redirected to the new web page where you have to click on the “New Registration” option.
- Now, a new registration form will open in front of your screen.
- On the CSD AFD online registration page, you have to fill in the details correctly.
- After filling in the details, click on the submit button, and your CSD AFD Registration will be completed.
- Importantly, you can now save your Login ID and Password for Login in the portal.
Procedure for Canteen Store Login @afd.csdindia.gov.in
After the proper registration under the CSD AFD Portal, you can easily start shopping by logging in to the portal. Check out the below-given steps and procedures for Canteen Store Department Login;
- After CSD Online Registration, you will get the username and password and now you can easily log in to buy online products.
- For that, you have to first visit the official portal login page i.e afd.csdindia.gov.in/login.
- Here you have to enter your User Name or Email ID and Password.
- After that, you will be logged in to the CSD AFD Portal.
- Now you can order online for the items you would like to buy and these items will be delivered to your house.
Note – If you are buying any online products from this CSD AFD Portal then, you need to pay through online mode only. However, you can pay from any of the following modes of Payment;
- Credit/ Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Bank Transfer
Q.1 Why can’t I log in after registration? Or Why my login details are invalid after registration?
Ans. Users will be notified of their registered email address after the administrator’s approval. The login account will remain invalid till approval.
Q.2 What if I forget my login password?
Ans. You can reset your password using “lost your password” on the login page.
Q.3 Why can’t I pay through Payment Gateway/ Online Payment when I have opted for a loan?
Ans. For loans, the only payment option is direct transfer because the payment gateway will accept only full payments.
Q.4 Can I buy a second car from AFD within 5 years of buying the first car, if I transfer the first one to my family member’s name?
Ans. No, the car cannot be transferred before completing 5 years of purchase.
Q.5 Can I change the pre-filled details in the checkout form?
Ans. No, all these details are picked from the registration form that the user filled out while registering. Please contact the helpdesk for further queries.