Delhi Widow Pension Scheme 2020 has been re-launched by the Chief Minister of Delhi Mr. Arvind Kejriwal. Under which the widow women of the state will be provided financial assistance from the government. The main objective of this article is to provide you complete information on Delhi Vidhwa Pension Yojana 2020, like what is Widow Pension? What are the eligibility criteria the government has prepared under the scheme, what are the documents required to get the benefit of the scheme and how can one apply online for the scheme? Let us know in detail about the Delhi Widow Pension Scheme (दिल्ली विधवा पेंशन योजना).
Highlights of Delhi Vidhwa Pension Yojana 2020:
|Scheme Name||Widow Pension Scheme
(विधवा पेंशन योजना)
|Beneficiary||Widow and destitute woman|
|Type of Benefit||Providing financial assistance through the pension scheme|
|Helpline Number||1076 / 011-23935730|
|Category||State Govt Scheme|
- 1 What is all about Widow Pension Scheme Delhi 2020?
- 1.1 Widow Pension Delhi 2020 (New Update)-
- 1.2 Eligibility Conditions for Delhi Widow Pension Scheme-
- 1.3 List of Documents Required for Vidhwa Pension Yojana-
- 1.4 How to Apply Online for Delhi Widow Pension Scheme?
- 1.5 Offline Application Procedure for Vidhwa Pension Yojana-
What is all about Widow Pension Scheme Delhi 2020?
A commendable step has been taken by the Govt of Delhi for widows, under which the Kejriwal government will provide pension to widowed women. This pension will be provided under the Vidhwa Pension Yojana 2020. After the implementation of this pension scheme, the government will give the benefit of the pension to widow women of the state who have no one to take care of them. With the implementation, the Delhi government focused on women’s development and empowerment. Vidhwa Pension Yojana is a commendable step of the Govt of Delhi, which will provide financial assistance to widow women of every category to empower them.
Under this scheme, not only the widowed women will get benefits, but all the women above the age of 18 years who do not have enough money for subsistence and are living their lives in poverty. To get the benefit of this scheme, they have to apply online. Delhi government started this scheme in 2018 and made the plan completely online as well. So that in order to get the benefits of the scheme, no one has to go round the government offices and submit their application in an easy way.
Widow Pension Delhi 2020 (New Update)-
Quarterly financial assistance of Rs 2,500 will be provided by the Delhi Govt under this scheme. The pension amount will be directly credited to the beneficiary’s account, thereby ensuring transparency of the scheme. After the submission of the application form and one month after the application is accepted, the beneficiary will start getting the benefit of the scheme. In this way, needy women will get a monthly pension in their account via DBT. After the introduction of this scheme, the financial benefit will be given by the government to all the women of Delhi who are facing a lot of difficulties for their living and can’t find any help from anyone else.
Note – Widow Pension Scheme is financial assistance, which is given to destitute women. Under this scheme, Rs 2,500 is given as a monthly pension to the eligible woman so that the widow woman is not dependent on anyone else for a living. This pension amount is received after one month of verification of the eligible woman and this amount is sent to the beneficiary’s bank account simultaneously every three months by RBI or PFMS.
Eligibility Conditions for Delhi Widow Pension Scheme-
If a woman wants to get the benefit of the Delhi Vidhwa Pension Yojana, then she must fall within the limits of eligibility criteria set by the government, which are mentioned below:
- The woman applying must be a native of Delhi or a resident of the state for the last 5 years.
- She must be a widow or a destitute woman.
- The minimum age limit of the applicant is 18 years and the highest age limit is 60 years.
- Applicant woman’s annual income should not exceed one lakh from all sources.
List of Documents Required for Vidhwa Pension Yojana-
The list of documents required to complete the application for the applicant who wants to become a beneficiary under the Widow Pension Scheme Delhi is as follows:
- Aadhaar Card: – The applicant must have an Aadhaar Card (UID), from which the information of the applicant can be obtained.
- Address Proof: – This scheme only for native women of the state. Therefore an Address proof is required.
- Age Certificate: – The applicant is required to have his age-related document so that his age can be accurately estimated.
- Passport Size Photo: – Passport-size photographs of the applicant will also be required to complete the application process.
- A Self-attested Letter indicating that the applicant applying for the scheme is not receiving any other assistance.
- Husband Death Certificate: – For the information related to the death of the husband, it is necessary to have a certificate of it.
- Income Certificate: – The applicant must have an income certificate to give details of income received from all sources.
- Bank Account Details: – Since the pension amount will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s account. Therefore Bank Account Details (Account Number, Branch Name, IFSC Code) is required.
How to Apply Online for Delhi Widow Pension Scheme?
To get benefits under Vidhwa Pension Yojana Delhi, the online application/registration form has to be filled and submitted. The process of submitting the online application form is as follows:
- First of all, the applicant has to go to the official website at https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
- After opening the website, you will see the “New User Registration” option on the screen. By clicking on which the citizen registration form will open.
- Now you have to select Document Type & Number in the appropriate boxes.
- Then press the “Continue” button to complete the online registration process at Delhi e-District Portal.
- Go back to the web homepage and then log in through the created User ID & Password.
- After login, fill the ‘Widow Pension Delhi Form’ and then upload the asked documents as well.
- In the end, submit the online application and get the ‘Application/Registration Number’ for future reference. You can use this number for checking the status of your application.
Offline Application Procedure for Vidhwa Pension Yojana-
If you want to apply for Widow Pension Scheme Delhi through offline mode then first you have to download the prescribed application form in PDF format. The download link is mentioned below:
- After downloading the application form, fill it up carefully with asked details.
- Then attach the required documents (Aadhaar Card/Birth Certificate/Domicile Certificate/Family Income Certificate/Self-declaration Certificate etc) to the form.
- Now submit the complete application form to the concerned authority.
- Once your application is approved by the authority, you will start receiving a monthly pension.
- You can also verify your certificate by clicking this link.
Track Widow Pension Delhi Application Status Online:
- To check the application status of Vidhwa Pension Yojana Delhi, you need to visit the official website.
- Then press the “Track Your Application” given under the Service section.
- Here provide the following details:
- Select Department
- Applied For (Scheme Name)
- Enter Application Number
- Applicant Name
- Captcha Code
- In the end, press the “Search” button to check the application status online.
- Track Application By SMS (Send EDISTDL <Space> <Application Number> To 77382-99899)
Widow Pension Scheme Delhi 2020 Helpline Number:
For any other type of information under this pension scheme, you can go to the official website of the Delhi e-District Portal or call the toll-free helpline number given below:
- Helpline Number: (011) 2393-5730 / 5731 / 5732 / 5733 / 5734
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Official Website: https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/
- Register Your Grievance: Click Here
You May Also Like: