Know everything about Uttarakhand Foundation Day 2023 along with State History & other background details. Hello everyone! today through this article, we will share all details about the Uttarakhand State Foundation Day. This mainly includes the history of Uttarakhand, the Importance of Foundation Day, Key Points of Statehood Day, and much more.
About Uttarakhand Formation Day 2023
As we all know that the Uttarakhand State is the 27th state of India. It was founded on the 09th of November 2000. Every year, Uttarakhand celebrates its foundation day in order to mark the contribution of people to form a separate state out of Uttar Pradesh. All 13 districts of Uttarakhand state honor this day by national flag hoisting. Apart from this, the state of Uttarakhand also honors its netizens for their remarkable achievements in the field of science, art, and literature.
Overview of Uttarakhand State Foundation Day
|Dates of Festival||09 November 2023|
|Festival Name||Uttarakhand Formation Day 2023|
|Name of the Program||Bharat Bharti Program|
|Division of Uttrakhand State||Garhwal and Kumaon|
|UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Uttrakhand||Valley of Flowers and Nanda Devi National Park|
Historical Background of Uttarakhand Formation Day
The state of Uttarakhand was formerly recognized as ‘Uttaranchal’. This was carved out of Uttar Pradesh state. It is mainly divided into two divisions, namely Garhwal and Kumaon. A large number of Programs are being organized in several parts of this state in order to mark the auspicious occasion of foundation day.
The President of India, Honourable Draupadi Murmu, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Union Home Minister of India Amit Shah, Governor Gurmeet Singh, Speaker of Legislative Assembly Ritu Khandudi Bhushan, along with the Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami welcomed the people of Uttarakhand state on this event of State Foundation Day.
In a recent tweet, the honorable Prime Minister wrote that Uttarakhand has an intense connection with mother nature and spirituality. He told that the people of this state are providing extraordinary contributions in several fields for nation-building.
Major Significance of Uttarakhand Foundation Day
- This year, Uttarakhand is going to celebrate its 23rd state formation day. On this auspicious occasion, a Raitik parade was held at Police Lines in Dehradun state.
- The Governor of state, Mr. Gurmeet Singh examined this parade. Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami addressed the parade. He saluted the martyrs and Andolankaris of his state.
- Along with this, he also claimed that the government is devoted to making Uttarakhand a prominent state in every sector by the year 2025. Uttarakhand state was created on the 9th of November 2000. It became the 27th state of independent India.
- The Indian Prime Minister and President as well as other political leaders from all around the state send greetings and wished to the people of Uttarakhand state. As they celebrate Statehood Day every year.
Key Points of Uttaranchal State Formation Day
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami initiated and laid down the foundation stone of several development schemes worth 166 crore rupees at Gairsain (Bharadisain), on this 23rd foundation day of Uttarakhand state,
- It is significant to note that Uttarakhand became a separate state on 9 November 2000 from Uttar Pradesh. The demand for an independent state of Uttarakhand was completed with the enactment of the Uttar Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2000 on the 25th of August 2000. At the time of its establishment, it was called Uttaranchal.
- After some time, the Uttaranchal (Change of Name) Act 2006 was passed on the 21st of December. This act came into effect on January 1, 2007. After that Uttaranchal was renamed Uttarakhand as per the notification of the Government of India dated 29th December 2006.
- The state shares its boundary with Himachal Pradesh in the west and Uttar Pradesh in the south. This also has international borders in the northeast region, which meets Nepal and China. There are a total of 13 districts in this state. These are- Dehradun, Haridwar, Uttarkashi, Tehri Garhwal, Rudraprayag, Pauri Garhwal, Chamoli, Bageshwar, Almora, Nainital, Udham Singh Nagar, Champawat, and lastly Pithoragarh.
We have provided all details about the Uttrakhand State Foundation Day 2023. If you have any queries then you can contact us through the comments section available below. We will try to answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you and stay connected with our website for all the latest updates.