Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020 will be provided to orphans and vulnerable children by the Kerala Government. This will try to overcome the incidences of children stopping school because of the death of their parents or breadwinner. Do you want to know more about this Scholarship? Go through the following article. We will give you the Details of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria, Scholarship Amount Credited, Application Process in a detailed manner.
About 75,000 children in Kerala who are under the age of 18 are residing in orphanages and almost 1500 shelters are running in Kerala. Most of the children have families and relatives, but most of them have lost their parents for several reasons. Children are more likely to be abused and exploited without proper adult care and protection. To protect these children, the Kerala government has started a scheme called ‘Snehapoorvam’.
The main aim of this plan is to recognize orphan children in families and to satisfy their needs, promote basic education, social integration, support families to manage their children within the family, give social security to the unprotected groups, and to help these orphaned kids by providing financial assistance for the education of the children of these orphaned families. The government is trying to bring such children into the mainstream of society. The Kerala government has made a very good judgment for the orphans in their state.
- 1 Snehapoorvam Scholarship Kerala 2020 Details
- 1.1 Highlights of Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020-
- 1.2 Eligibility Criteria for Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020-
- 1.3 Documents Required for Snehapoorvam Scholarships-
- 1.4 How to Apply for Snehapoorvam Scholarship In Kerala?
- 1.5 Selection Procedure of Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme-
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Kerala 2020 Details
The scholarship is only available for the Orphan children who are residing in the Kerala state of India. Many different benefits and incentives will also be provided to the orphans through the implementation of this Snehapoorvam scholarship. These orphans will be able to continue their education without any worry of financial burden or without ever been a financial burden on the family who is undertaking other expenses related to them.
Highlights of Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020-
|Launched By||Kerala Government|
|Beneficiaries||Orphans of Kerala|
|Scheme Type||State Govt Scheme|
Schedule (Dates) of Snehapoorvam Scholarship:
Procedures related to the scholarship will be undertaken on the following dates.
|Starting of Application Process||28th June 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31st October 2020|
|Extended Last Date||15th December 2020|
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme Amount:
The following benefits are provided by the Snehapoorvam scholarships.
- To children below the age of 5 years in class I to V – Rs 300 (Indian Rupees) per month.
- To students in class VI to X – Rs 500 (Indian Rupees) per month.
- Students who are studying in class XI to XII – Rs 750 (INR) per month.
- Students taking an undergraduate or professional degree – Rs 1,000 (INR) per month.
Eligibility Criteria for Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2020-
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Snehapoorvam scholarships scheme:
- The candidate must be a child who has lost at least one of their parents.
- The aspirant must be a student pursuing a formal education from the first standard to a college degree.
- Candidate children below 5 years of age can be directly eligible.
- A child who belongs to the BPL (Below Poverty Level) category.
- The Candidate’s family annual income should be less than INR 20,000 for those in rural areas (Local Body/Grama Panchayat)
- The Candidate’s family annual income should be less than INR 22,375 for those in urban areas (Corporation/Municipality).
Documents Required for Snehapoorvam Scholarships-
The following documents are required to apply for the scholarship available for the Kerala student:
- Passport-size photographs.
- Aadhaar Card of the child.
- An attested copy of the Death Certificate of one or both parents
- BPL Certificate or BPL ration card if you fall in the Below Poverty Line category, including attested income proof of your family.
- Bank Passbook, which should be of a joint account in the name of your guardian
- Photocopy of your Aadhar, or latest proof of Aadhar registration.
How to Apply for Snehapoorvam Scholarship In Kerala?
It is obvious that children below 5 years of age cannot apply the Snehapoorvam scholarship application online. Of course, this process will be processed through the help of their guardian or the representative Child Welfare Committee (CWC).
So, we have provided you the form you need to fill for your child. Click on the button below to download the application form.
(Step 1st) Online Process:
- Visit the official website i.e. http://socialsecuritymission.gov.in/.
- Now click on the “KSSM Web Application Form” option on the web page.
- You will see a new web page for the Login details.
- Click on the ‘Beneficiary / Institution Login’ button.
- After this, click on ‘New Institution Register’ and now enter all the required details.
- Now you will see a new page, here again, enter User Id and Password.
- Then the ‘Update Profile – Change Password’ page will open complete the required authentication.
- Now, the process of beneficiary registration will begin. You have to fill all the required details.
And this way you have to complete your registration process. After successful online registration, you can log in to the portal for Renewal, Transfer of Snehapoorvam scholarships.
(Step 2nd) Offline Application Process:
- You have to visit the head office of Government or Govt-aided Educational Institutions where application forms shall be made available in the specified tenure.
- Fill up the application form and attach all the documents along with the form.
- The officials will verify the application form.
- Post verification, the application form shall be converted into PDF form and submitted through the online portal to the executive director of the Kerala Social Security Mission (SSM).
- Applications can also be forwarded via respective welfare centers.
Selection Procedure of Snehapoorvam Scholarship Scheme-
After you have successfully registered yourself for the scholarship scheme you need to undertake the following procedure in order to get selected for the benefits of the scholarship:
- You have to submit your application form to the concerned government or private institution in which you are taking your classes.
- Your application form will be checked for the eligibility criteria by the concerned official which has been appointed by the government.
- The head office will submit the Application Form PDF through the online portal to Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission.
- If you are found eligible for the scholarship then the financial fund will be submitted to your bank account.
DISTRICT-WISE STATUS REPORTS:
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Contact Details:
- Information Kerala Mission
- Swaraj Bhavan, Ground Floor,
- Nanthancodu, Kowdiar. P.O, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 003
- Phone Number: (+91) 471-2773100
- Helpline Number: 1800-120-1001 (Toll-free)
- E-mail ID: [email protected] / [email protected]
You May Also Like: