Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) Registration & Download RSBY Smart Card from the official website www.rsby.gov.in. In today’s article, we will discuss the procedure for National Health Insurance Scheme Apply Online. Along with that, we will also tell you the objectives and benefits of this Swasthya Bima Yojana. Also, you can check out the eligibility criteria and documents required for the RSB Yojna below in this post.
Under this scheme, the Central Government will provide Health Insurance to poor citizens of the country. So, all the interested candidates who want to take advantage of this Health Insurance Scheme can apply online. Kindly continue reading ahead to get complete information regarding the Swasthya Bima Yojana Renewal/ Name Check.
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
RSBY stands for “Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana”, it is a scheme launched by the Central Government of India. And the main motive of the scheme is to provide social security to the underprivileged sections of society. RSBY has been initiated by the Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India to provide health insurance. Under this scheme, medical protection will be provided to individuals or families who are below the poverty line. However, it will cover expenditures related to healthcare, such as planned or emergency hospitalizations.
The beneficiaries will be ensured that their healthcare is taken care of without being compromised due to financial challenges. Moreover, the scheme will cover health insurance for an amount of Rs. 30,000 for below-poverty-line (BPL) families. Unorganized sector workers and their families will also be covered under this scheme. And in India one of the main concerns for the workers in the unorganized sector is they fall sick very frequently. So there is a need for medical assistance and hospitalization for these workers. Thus, this scheme is started for these people to provide free medical facilities in the form of Health Insurance.
National Health Insurance Scheme – Key Points
|Name of Scheme||Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) or National Health Insurance Scheme|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Department||Ministry of Labor and Employment|
|State||All States of India|
|Objective||Providing Health Insurance to the Underprivileged Sections of Society|
|Benefit||To Cover the Health Insurance of an Amount of Rs. 30,000|
|Beneficiary||Individuals or Families Who Are Below the Poverty Line In India|
|Post-category||Central Govt Health Scheme|
What is RSBY Smart Card?
An RSBY Smart Card enables cashless transactions in enrolled hospitals and these benefits can be availed anywhere across the country. However, with the help of this card, people can get free medical facilities in hospitals. An RSBY Smart Card will be provided to the poor people of the country. Most importantly, this card will work only in the listed hospitals prepared by the state government. And each state will have its own list of hospitals for Health Insurance and free treatment.
The people of the country can get their treatment done only in the hospitals listed by the government. Thus, the beneficiary needs to check the list before taking admitted to any hospital. So you need to be aware of all these things while applying for registration under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
Objectives & Benefits of Swasthya Bima Yojana
- The main objective of this yojana is to provide health insurance to the economically weaker sections of society.
- As of now, under this yojana, a cover of ₹30,000 is provided to the families for the treatment.
- Under this scheme, free treatment will be available only in those hospitals which will be selected by the government.
- The benefits of this scheme can be availed by the families of the unorganized sectors, BPL families, etc.
- Most importantly the insurance coverage under the scheme will be valid for one financial year only.
- To avail of the cashless medical treatment benefit, the policyholder has to renew the smart card on an annual basis.
- The government will provide the medical insurance premium and the amount needs to be paid only Rs.30 for the renewal of the card.
- More than 1.5 lakh health wellness centers will be opened across the country.
- Special training will be given along with information about the investigation and handling of diseases.
- About 10 crore poor and vulnerable families and up to 05 lakhs will be able to benefit from this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
- First of all, the applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Secondly, the benefit of cashless medical insurance will be given to those people who are Below Poverty Line (BPL).
- Thus, people who belong to low-income group families and who have BPL cards.
- Also, unorganized sector workers who fall under the BPL category and their family members (a family unit of five members) will get benefits under the scheme.
- To avail of the cashless facility, you have to provide a smart card at the counter of the hospital. Without this card, benefits cannot be obtained.
- So the applicant must obtain a smart card, you just need to pay Rs 30 to get the card.
List of Important Documents Required for RSB Yojna:
- The applicant must have an Aadhaar card and a Ration card.
- Also, you need to have a BPL certificate
- You should have an Income certificate
- The applicant has to show the residence certificate
- Moreover, a mobile number and a passport-size photo
How to Apply for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)?
Below we have mentioned all the steps and procedures in order to apply for this health insurance scheme:
- The registration centers will be set up in the respective area. If the area is located far inland, insurance company owners will set up mobile enrollment camps.
- On the day of enrollment, all interested candidates need to visit the registration centers.
- You have to go and get your insurance cards made. Agents will use the machines to record the biometric data of the candidate.
- Now, the fingerprints of the candidates will be scanned and photographs will be taken.
- After that, the agent will issue the health insurance card, which is also called an RBSY Smart card.
- The biometric details of the candidate and the family members will be stored in the chip.
- After payment of 30 rupees, the concerned officer will give you the smart card and the list of hospitals.
- And this process will take only less than 10 minutes.
- So by following this process you can easily register yourself for the yojana and can get your smart card.
Q.1 How to check Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana’s name status?
To check your name in RSB Yojana, go to the official www.india.gov.in portal and enter your Aadhaar or Mobile Number.
Q.2 Where I can download RSBY Card online?
To download your RBBY card, you have to visit the official website of NHIS or visit the nearby CSC center.
Q.3 How to apply for Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Renewal online?
You don’t need to renew your RBBY smart card, once you get it from the authority, it will valid for a lifetime.
Q.4 What is the registration procedure for the RSBY scheme?
If you’re eligible under this scheme then you can follow the above-mentioned procedure in order to register yourself for Rashtriya Swasthya Beema Yojna (RSBY) and get the smart card for the same.