Karnataka Saptapadi Marriage Scheme 2022 Registration – SC/ ST Samuhik Vivah Yojana has been launched by the Karnataka Government to support the poor people of the state. Under which mass marriage will be organized by the state government and the newly married couple will be provided a support amount of ₹55,000. In this article, we will tell you in detail what is Karnataka Saptashati Vivah Yojana 2022? For this, what are the eligibility criteria set by the government, who can avail the benefit of the scheme, details of the amount received under the scheme, how to apply for the scheme? And what is the date of marriage set by the state government? We will know about all these details. Kindly continue reading ahead.
- 1 Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2022
- 1.1 Key Points of Karnataka Saptapadi Marriage Scheme 2022
- 1.2 What is Saptapadi Marriage Scheme in Karnataka?
- 1.3 Benefits of Karnataka Saptashati Vivah Yojana
- 1.4 Karnataka Saptapadi Marriage Scheme 2022 Registration
- 1.5 Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2022 Application Form
Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2022
Chief Minister of Karnataka state of southern India has launched financial assistance scheme for under the Poverty line, minority, SC/ ST families. CM B. S. Yediyurappa has announced this financial assistance scheme is named Saptapadi Vivah Yojana in January 2020. This mass sc st mass marriage scheme is only for permanent residents of the Karnataka state. In this scheme, the government of Karnataka state organizes the mass marriage function for the under privilege (Scheduled Caste/ Tribes) families. The mass marriage functions are organized by the government in selected Muzrai Temples of Karnataka state.
Key Points of Karnataka Saptapadi Marriage Scheme 2022
|Name of Scheme||Saptapadi Samuhik Vivah Yojana|
|Full Name||Muzrai Mass Marriage Scheme for SC/ ST Couples|
|Started By||Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa|
|Beneficiary||A couple desirous of marriage|
|Benefit Amount||₹55,000 only|
|Registration Process||Offline Mode|
|Marriage Date||23 July to 17 August 2022|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Post-category||Govt Scheme for Marriage in Karnataka|
What is Saptapadi Marriage Scheme in Karnataka?
The government of Karnataka has announced Karnataka Saptapadi Samuhik Vivah Yojana 2022; the scheme was announced on 10 January 2020. This SC/ST Mass Marriage Scheme was started by Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa. Under this scheme, mass marriage will be done by the state govt and the newly married couple will be provided a support amount of Rs 55,000.
To get the benefit of this scheme, the married couple will have to go to the Temples and register their marriage. This scheme is also known as Dharmasthala Samuhika Vivaha 2022 in Karnataka state.
Benefits of Karnataka Saptashati Vivah Yojana
In order to get the benefit of the scheme, the couples should follow certain criteria that are set by the government and then apply for the same. After registering for the scheme, the State Govt will distribute the assistance amount in different parts, including the total assistance amount of Rs 55,000.
Under the scheme, some temples have been shortlisted by the Govt of Karnataka which will be registered and mass marriages will also be organized in the temples. The government has selected 90 to 100 temples under the Karnataka Saptapadi Marriage Scheme in which around 1,000 marriages will be held. The Chief Minister informed the public about the scheme by broadcasting the poster by tweet himself.
ಮುಖ್ಯಮಂತ್ರಿ ಶ್ರೀ @BSYBJP ಅವರು 'ಸಪ್ತಪದಿ' ಸಾಮೂಹಿಕ ವಿವಾಹ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದ ಲೋಗೋ ಹಾಗೂ ಕರಪತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ಮಾಡಿದರು.
ಮುಜರಾಯಿ ಸಚಿವ ಕೋಟ ಶ್ರೀನಿವಾಸ ಪೂಜಾರಿ, ಕಂದಾಯ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಕಾರ್ಯದರ್ಶಿ ಅನಿಲ್ ಕುಮಾರ್, ಮುಜರಾಯಿ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಆಯುಕ್ತರಾದ ರೋಹಿಣಿ ಸಿಂಧೂರಿ ಮೊದಲಾದವರು ಉಪಸ್ಥಿತರಿದ್ದರು. pic.twitter.com/pzCsCsxztd
— CM of Karnataka (@CMofKarnataka) January 10, 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Saptapadi Marriage Scheme
The State Govt of Karnataka has set norms for couples getting married under the Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2022. Couples who do not live up to these criteria, shouldn’t be eligible to apply.
The following is the list of criteria set by the government of Karnataka:
- Any couple who wants to get benefits under the Karnataka Mass Marriage Scheme 2022 is required to be a permanent resident of the state.
- Whatever temples have been shortlisted by the Government of Karnataka, registration will be valid only in those temples and assistance will be provided to the couples getting married.
- The consent of the parents to the married couple is very important and both the parents are required to be present there during the marriage. If the person marries against the parents’ command then to get the benefit of this scheme there not eligible.
- Because the benefit of this scheme will not be given to the married people without the permission of the parents, hence there will be no love under this scheme, and the love marriage will not be provided with the assistance.
Thus any couple who wants to get married and wants to get the benefit of this scheme will have to live up to these criteria otherwise no assistance will be provided to the couple under this scheme. Apart from that, the couple must have the necessary documents i.e. Address Proof, Age Proof, Aadhar Card, Religion certificate, Permission Letter, etc.
Assistance provided under the Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
The total amount provided under the Saptapadi Marriage Scheme launched by the Government of Karnataka is Rs 55,000, the details of which are as follows:
- The bride will be provided with an assistance amount of ₹40,000 for the price of Mangalasutra.
- The groom will be provided cash assistance of ₹5,000.
- Cash assistance of ₹10,000 will be given to Bride.
- Total assistance of ₹55,000 will be provided under this scheme.
Thus a total of Rs 55,000 assistance amount will be given to the couples in a different manner.
Karnataka Saptapadi Marriage Scheme 2022 Registration
- Under the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana, any couple who wants to avail of the assistance amount is required to register 30 days before the scheduled date of their marriage.
- The process of registration will be held at the temple. The Karnataka state government has already shortlisted temples to register, the number of these temples is between 90 and 100.
- Before registering, you have to take special care that the temple is registering is shortlisted by the state government or not, if it is not done then you shouldn’t marry in that temple.
- After registration, the list of eligible couples will be released by the state government. The couples registering have to see their name on that list. If your name is on the list, then the selected couple has to join the group marriage with their parents and get married under the group marriage scheme.
- Apart from Hinduism, Muslim and Christian communities will also be provided benefits under this scheme and their marriage will be made in contact with their customs.
Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2022 Application Form
Karnataka government is fully authorized for the declaration for the dates of Samuhik Vivah Yojana (Saptapadi Yojna). For the year 2022, the government has declared the date and location of in the mouth of April, May, June, and July. The government will soon announce the dates and venues for the year 2022. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the dates and venues are pending for this year. The dates are decided as per the monthly Shubh Mahurat.
The application form of the registration will be available at the selected Muzrai Muzrai temples of Karnataka. Applicants can collect and fill out the application form with required documents at the nearest venue of mass marriage. Online registration forms are not available for this scheme. Saptapadi application form is also not available for online download.
Required Documents for Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
Under this scheme, only Hindu minorities are eligible for the benefits. The financial benefits will be allotted at the time of the marriage of couples. The Applicant has to submit all the required documents to the nearest selected Muzrai Temple with the date allotted by the Karnataka government. The applicant only can apply for the dates allotted by the Government for the year 2022.
Below is the list of required documents.
- Aadhaar Card of both Bride and Groom applicants.
- Permanent Address Proof of Both applicants. The domicile document is one of the required documents.
- The applicant can add a copy of the Electricity Bill, water bill, telephone bill, Valid Ration Card as the address proof.
- Valid age proof of the Bride and Groom both. The applicant can use a birth certificate as his/her age proof.
- Proof of the religion, as this scheme is only for the Hindu minorities.
- Acceptance letter from both bride and groom family is mandatory.
New Dates of SC/ ST Mass Marriages under the Scheme
Recently, the Central Govt had imposed the nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak, which led to the postponement of the marriage by the state government to the marriage due in April-May. New dates of marriage have been announced by the state government, the table of new dates is as follows:
- 23 July 2022
- 26 July 2022
- 29 July 2022
- 6 August 2022
- 10 August 2022
- 14 August 2022
- 17 August 2022
Prior to the lockdown, the government had received about 4,000 applications, but due to the lockdown of coronavirus, marriages were not completed so well. Now applications have been sought by the state government from the interesting areas again. The state government will provide Mangalsutra and other assistance to newly married couples through temples whose total amount will be ₹55,000.