Chief Minister of Karnataka Mr. BS Yeddyurappa has launched a scheme for the weaver community in the state of Karnataka, the name of the scheme is ‘Nekar Samman Yojana 2020’. This is very good news for Handloom Weavers of Karnataka state as under the scheme financial assistance of Rs 2,000/- will be given to them. Now in this article, you will receive each and every aspect of the Nekar Samman Scheme. We are providing you the detailed information about the scheme, such as benefits, eligibility criteria, online application, and registration process.
The state govt of Karnataka keeps making public welfare schemes for every category. The purpose of these schemes is to empower all sections of society which can lead to overall development in the state. The unemployment rate in the Corona period is increasing very rapidly, that’s why the Karnataka government decided to launch Nekar Samman Yojana 2020 for Handloom Weavers (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ನೇಕಾರ ಸಮ್ಮಾನ್ ಯೋಜನೆ). So that they get some relief and could start their employment again.
- 1 What is Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana 2020?
What is Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana 2020?
The Nekar Samman Scheme was launched on 6th July 2020 by the Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa for the weaver’s community. In the pandemic of COVID-19, to help the handloom weavers, the CM announced this scheme to support them by providing one-time financial aid. However, the actual date of allocation of financial help is not declared yet. We will update you when the government declares the date.
Highlights of Nekar Samman Scheme Karnataka-
|Name of Scheme||Nekar Samman Yojana
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ನೇಕಾರ ಸಮ್ಮಾನ್ ಯೋಜನೆ
|Launched By||Government of Karnataka|
|Objective||Giving one-time assistance of Rs 2,000|
|Application Mode||Not yet issued|
|Category||State Govt Scheme|
Benefits of Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana-
Under the Nekar Samman Yojana, the State Government of Karnataka providing financial help of Rs 2,000 (Two Thousand) to all the weavers of state who are registered with Seva Indus Portal.
- The government will transfer the direct cash amount Rs 2,000 through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) to the 19744 handloom weavers of Karnataka.
- One time financial support of Rs 2,000 will give to the verified 8897 workers out of 1.25 lakh handloom weavers under this scheme.
- The Karnataka state government will have to bear a cost of Rs 10.96 crore every year on this scheme.
- The handloom weavers who are eligible will be supported by the government.
- There are 40,634 handloom weavers registered with Seva Sindhu software.
Eligibility Criteria for Nekar Samman Scheme-
Anyone who wants to be a part of the Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana, then they must fulfill some eligibility conditions which are mentioned below:
- The applicant must be a handloom weaver only by profession.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka.
- If anyone who belongs from silk, cotton, woolen, and any other handloom weaver then he/she is also eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Annually, one-time financial assistance will be provided to all registered weavers under the Seva Indus portal. The Karnataka state govt will have to bear a cost of Rs 10.96 crore every year on this scheme.
How to Apply Online for Nekar Samman Yojana?
There is no process that has been set in order to be a part of the Karnataka Nekar Samman Scheme. The financial help amounting of Rs 2,000 will be transferred through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Here we are furnishing you the steps for weavers to apply by filling Karnataka Nekar Samman Yojana Online Registration process.
- First of all, go to the official website of Seva Sindhu Portal of Karnataka at https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Now apply for the scheme on the web homepage, click at the link ‘NEKARSAMMANYOJANE FOR HANDLOOM WEAVERS (FOR ASSISTED ONLINE ENTRY OF APPLICATION, CONTACT THE DISTRICT OFFICE OF DEPT OF HANDLOOMS AND TEXTILES” available there.
- It will take you to the Link to open the ‘Sign In’ page.
- People can also click at the direct link https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/NekarSamman to open the “Nekar Samman Yojana Sign In” page will appear.
- Once clicking on the above a Registration Form will open up in front of you, which needs to be filled in properly with correct details by the applicant.
- Here applicants will have to contact the district office of the department of handlooms and textiles.
- Then accordingly, fill the Nekar Samman Scheme online application/registration form and submit it to obtain the benefits.
Nekar Samman Yojana Application Status:
If you want to check the Karanataka Nekar Samman Scheme application status online then you have to click on this link https://serviceonline.gov.in/karnataka/ directly.
- Now select the concerned department.
- Then select Service.
- Enter your Application ID in the appropriate box.
- Finally, press the “Check Status Now” button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Is this scheme available only for handloom weavers only?
The Karnataka government has launched this scheme for handloom weavers only but if you are silk, cotton, woolen weavers, then you are also eligible for this yojana.
- Will the Rs 2,000 be given to the beneficiary in cash?
No, it will directly be transferred to the beneficiary bank account through DBT mode.
- Is it possible to have the benefit multiple times?
No, this scheme will benefit the beneficiary only once.
- Can a beneficiary have other businesses besides handloom weaving?
Regarding the above scheme, no statement has been released by the Govt of Karnataka. As soon as the Karnataka government issues notice on the above topic, we will update all details here.
You May Also Like: