J&K Domicile Certificate Online Apply @www.jk.gov.in domicile certificate form pdf download link is now available on this web page. Jammu and Kashmir Domicile Certificates are issued by the Tehsildar of the Concerned district where the applicant is residing. The Centre has defined a new domicile rule for Jammu and Kashmir which includes those who have lived in the Union Territory for 15 years. A new rule issued by the Centre; “A person residing in Jammu and Kashmir for at least 15 years will now be eligible to be a domicile of the Jammu and Kashmir”.
According to the latest gazette notification issued by the central government, Section 3A of the J&K Reorganization (Adaptation of State Laws) Order, 2020, under the J&K Civil Services (Decentralization and Recruitment) Act, has been introduced to define domicile as that who has resided for a period of 15 years in the UT of J&K or they studied for a period of seven years and also appeared in class 10th or 12th examination in an educational institution located in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir.
J&K Domicile Certificate 2023 Apply Online
Before the 5th of August 2019, 35-A of the Constitution (now abrogated) empowered Jammu & Kashmir Assembly to define a J&K resident, who alone was eligible to apply for jobs or own immovable property in Jammu and Kashmir. Here check the complete details of the J&K Domicile Certificate (Mool Niwas Praman Patra) i.e. eligibility conditions, required documents, and application/registration process.
|Article about||J&K Domicile Certificate|
|J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020||Citizens who have been living in Jammu and Kashmir for more than 15 years can apply for the certificate.|
|Started date||27 June 2020|
|Beneficiaries||All residents of the state|
|Download the domicile certificate online||Click Here|
|Post-category||State/ UT Govt Procedure|
Eligibility Criteria for www.jk.gov.in domicile certificate
Any person who fulfills the any of following conditions shall be eligible for a grant of a Domicile Certificate by the competent authority.
- (1st) – A person who has resided for a period of fifteen years in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir or they studied for a period of seven years and also appeared in Class 10th /12th examination in an educational institution located in the Union territory of J&K;
- (2nd) – A person who is registered as a migrant by the Relief and Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrants) in the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir;
- (3rd) – Children of those Central Govt Officials, All India Services Officers, Officials of Public Sector Undertaking and Autonomous body of Central Government, Public Sector Banks, Officials of Statutory bodies, Officials of Central Universities and recognized Research institutes of Central Government who have served in Jammu and Kashmir for a total period of ten years.
- (4th) – The children of parents who fulfill any of the conditions in clauses (1); or (2).
- (5th) – Children of such residents of Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir reside outside Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in connection with their employment or business or other professional or vocational reasons but their parents fulfill any of the conditions provided in clauses (1) or (2).
How to Apply Online for Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate?
In order to avail of the above services, you have to go to the official website i.e. www.jk.gov.in/jammukashmirthen follow the step-by-step below procedure:
- Now click on ‘j&k e-services’ and then select “Online” from the options.
- If you are using this website for the very first time, you have to register using the ‘Citizen Registration’ option given on the login screen as shown below:
- Now you will see a new web page where you have to fill in your personal details, as shown below:
- After filling up the personal details and other information a user ID and password will be generated which can be used for further communication on the website for availing the online services.
- After submitting the application a window will pop up displaying the login ID and temporary password, the temporary password needs to be changed on the first login.
- Now you can log in with your registered User Id and Password to avail of the services you want.
- Here select ‘e-Services’ from the list of departments, select the General Administration Department, and then click on “Application for Domicile Certificate”.
- Now a new window will be displayed to you. On this web page, you have to fill in all the remaining details as per your eligibility for a domicile certificate in Jammu and Kashmir and upload all the required documents and photographs. Finally, preview and submit the application.
After finally submitting the application, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered Email Id for further references and details. After having the application/registration number, you can check the status of your domicile certificate at any time on the same website. This is how you apply for domicile registration @jk.gov.in login portal.
Procedure to Apply for Domicile Certificate (Offline)
All the Interested and eligible candidates can also apply for the Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate through offline mode. They just need to fill out the application form and submit it along with the required documents. You can download the domicile certificate application form of Jammu Kashmir through the link given below:
- Direct Link: http://jkmigrantrelief.nic.in/orders/domicile.PDF
- Or click here => Jammu-Kashmir-Domicile-Certificate-Application-Form-PDf
- Domicile Certificate Download PDF in Jammu and Kashmir
Submission – Applicants can submit the duly filled J&K Domicile Certificate Application Form at the office of Tehsildar within his territorial jurisdiction.
How to check the J&K Domicile Certificate Application Status?
- For checking the application status of the Jammu & Kashmir Domicile Certificate, go to the official website at https://jk.gov.in/jkeservices/home.
- Now login with the same User Id and Password on the jk.gov.in domicile status website.
- On the welcome page, click on the ‘Status’ tab and a new window will display.
- On that new web page, enter the application I’d and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The current status of your application will be displayed on the screen.
- To download the domicile only if your status shows the process completed, you have to click on the “Download” button and your certificate will be downloaded.
Important Instructions to follow for Domicile Certificate Registration
- Before applying for the J&K domicile service, users have to register using the Citizen Registration option.
- Already registered citizens can avail of all the Services using their Login ID and Password which are generated after Citizen Registration.
- You upload the Passport-size scan photo in jpg format, the background of the photo should be clear and the size of the photo is less than 50 kb.
- Note down the user id and password entered by the applicant during registration for Login in the future and availing of the online service.
- Please select the role type Citizen when you enter login credentials using Citizen Users ID and Password.
- After login, you have to click on the e-services from the left menu and thereafter you have to click on the department to which he/she has to avail the service e.g. Scholarship schemes under Social Welfare Department or Domicile Service Using General Administration Department
- Kindly note down the Citizen ID, Username, and Password after the successful registration, because it will be required at the time of availing of the service.
J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020
The government notified Jammu and Kashmir Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020 on 18 May. This act allows non-locals, including non-local government employees to register for domicile certificates. Permanent resident certificate (PRC) holders and other applicants can apply for the issuance of domicile certificates online by providing their Aadhaar numbers. Applicants can also receive the domicile certificate online mode.
The LG observed that the Union Territory (UT) government has taken this people-friendly initiative to provide a domicile certificate through online mode across the UT of Jammu and Kashmir. Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu also launched the e-application-cum-issuance of domicile certificate in J&K.
In the end, we hope that you got all the information regarding the J&K Domicile Certificate (Residence Certificate), like every mode of application online and offline, the process of checking online status, etc.