West Bengal Digital Ration Card-: The Food & Supply Dept (খাদ্য ও সরবরাহ বিভাগ) under the state government of West Bengal has the authentication to provide the facility of ration card. The registration process and application forms for the ration card has been given through the official website of West Bengal Food and Supply Department https://wbpds.gov.in/.
The department comes under the transparency portal of the Public Distribution System of Food and Supplies Department, Govt of West Bengal (পাবলিক ডিস্ট্রিবিউশন সিস্টেম খাদ্য ও সরবরাহ বিভাগ, পশ্চিমবঙ্গ সরকার). The portal of WBPDS is providing all kinds of facilities related to food like giving the ration has provided by the department. It is the biggest sub of the state which has a location on the north side and covers 24 Parganas District of West Bengal. The food and supplies department of state was established in 1943 month of March.
- 1 West Bengal Digital Ration Card Online Application
- 2 How to Download West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application Form?
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Online Application
The food and supplies section under West Bengal Govt works for three areas as per the following:
- Guarantee food security for vulnerable and poor citizens in the state.
- Delivering high-quality services to all citizens in the state through the PDS system,
- The empower of all citizens in the PDS system and providing food security to all.
It also works to give the ration card facility online via the process of the application system. In which it gives the low price food grains to the cardholder citizens under the PDS under the ministry of consumer affairs food and public distribution. The ration cardholders are able to get the food grains in the state as the following mention rates:
Rates of Food Product in West Bengal-
- Card Holder Type in West Bengal – Wheat Price – Rice Price
- Above Poverty Level (APL Card Holders) – 6.75 Rs – 9.00 Rs
- Below Poverty Level (BPL Card Holders) – 4.65 Rs – 2.00 Rs
- Antyodaya (Card Holders AAY WB State) – 2.00 Rs – 2.00 Rs
- Annapoorna (Card Holders in WB State) – 0.00 Rs – 0.00 Rs
The above mention card having citizens of the state can get the wheat and rice as per the mention rates per kilogram under the PDS Commodity system of West Bengal state. The public distribution system for the Food and Supplies department of state is responsible to provide these all kinds of facilities to cardholders.
Responsibilities & Works of West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS)-
The most important responsibility of the West Bengal Public Distribution System (WBPDS) is to reach each and every food product to a liable person under its concern. The department have all authority to make a Ration card for every Indian resident living in West Bengal, also has the authority to make West Bengal Digital Ration Card for Indian citizens. The dept works under the state govt administration and providing the facility of management in West Bengal state. It is responsible to maintain the food economy and able to make decisions regarding food and supplies rules.
In the system, the department works under the Indian Constitution EC Act 55 in which it provides the facility and fair work process of distribution of food grains to all in the state. Along with the distribution system, it looks at the monitoring and enforcing process as well. The department is also responsible for lookup the stock for food grains along with the pricing and operation of general public distribution. It also has the system of monitoring all kinds of facilities and works for the implementation of all kinds of orders passed by the state and central govt.
West Bengal PDS Digital Ration Card-
The ration card is an important and necessary document that every citizen must have to get it. The process of ration card providing holds by each state govt under the PDS and to give the food grains through the fair price shops in every state. The state govt gives the ration card for BPL, APL, and Antyodaya through using which the citizens can get the low price ration from shops selected by the govt.
The ration card can use for other purposes as well like it’s proof for your Indian citizenship and it can use for your address proof. The cardholders can also get the various kinds of schemes via the welfare origination. The ration card can use in various places in West Bengal state like to make a domicile certificate, for passport or visa application, for voter id card registration, or any college admission. The card can use as the identification proof for you and your family.
To get the card you need to take an application form of “New Consumer” which can get through the circle office or through the official website of WBPDS.
Documents Required to Apply for Online Digital Ration Card in West Bengal-
After filling the registration form have to submit it in the concerned department office along with your following documents and proofs:
- Passport size photo of the family head.
- Proof for a residence like water bill, electricity bill, etc.
- Photo ID card like voter id, passport, etc.
- Complete details for all family members with ID.
- Income Certificate for complete family members.
- Age proof for family head like a school certificate, date of birth certificate, etc.
- Two witnesses from the applicant’s neighbor.
The applicants are suggested to take all these above mention documents photocopy and arrange these with attested mode through any of the gazetted officers, MLA / MP of your area or any municipal councilor. See the process to get the application form and way to submit it below.
How to Download West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application Form?
The west Bengal which has the largest city along with capital Kolkata has a total of 19 districts in the state. Mamta Banerjee is the chief minister and MK Narayanan is governor here. The state has a total of 88 thousand squire kilometer areas which makes state in 13th place. As per the document said of state govt the total population around 9 crores is living here which makes 4th place of the state in India. The state has touched brooder with Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.
The citizens who are living here and still don’t having their ration card may have to get the application form and have to submit it to the department. The applicants have to collect all the documents as above mention. If any citizen is not able to collect and provide these all documents then the Food and Supplies Officer (খাদ্য ও সরবরাহ কর্মকর্তা) FSO will take spot inquires and he/she will come for verification at your place. You need to show all the documents which you have available at that time and need to give two eyewitnesses. The process of making the ration card is 60 days decided by the state govt.
Click to below page to download the application form for family identity card/ration card and see the process for filling it:
West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application Process-
After getting the application form download it and take the printout and fill the required detail on it as per mention below:
- Applicant’s Name
- Complete address
- Details of family members
- Relationship with the head of the family
- Age details for all family members
- Occupation details of family members
Through filling the above mention details you can submit it to the concerned office of your local area. If you are having any issue to fill the application form you can get help through the online inquiry.
How to Check Application Status of West Bengal Digital Ration Card?
The official website of WBPDS is also giving the process to check the status of your application form once you had submitted it to the office.
To get this system you need to click on the below-given page and fill some given details on it.
WB Ration Card Search: https://wbpds.gov.in/rptForUsers/rptRCList.aspx
Now fill the below-given details on it:
- District name
- Subdivision Name
- Block name
- Fair Price Shop FPS
- Category of card
- Name of beneficiary
After filling these above mention details click to the submit option and the status will appear on the screen which you can check. Now see the below-given contact details of the office if you need more help.
How to Submit a Complaint about West Bengal Digital Ration Card?
The website of WBPDS www.wbpds.gov.in also giving also the facility to submit your complaint if you are having any problem regarding your ration card. Click to the below-given page where you have to fill some details to submit your grievance:
Lodge Grievance to WBPDS: https://helpdesk.wbfood.in/
Complaint Form Filling Process:
- Give the details for complaint, make sure to mention the application no you have (subject/complaint against to?).
- Write an exact and clear communication address so that the department can contact you easily (address/city/district/postal code).
- Fill complaint description (mobile number/phone number/grievance details/action you want).
- Attach any file if you are having anything to show to the department of food and Supply.
- Write any remarks if want to give more details as required.
After filling the complete form click to the “Save” option and take the complaint number regarding this. Through the all of above-given processes, you can apply, status check, and submit a complaint regarding your ration card in the state. Must see the important notice board before using it.
Important Notice Board (WB Digital Ration Card)-
If you are going to apply for West Bengal Digital Ration Card in the state you must have to read the following given instructions and keep in mind these while using the website:
- The www.wbpds.gov.in is the only official website of West Bengal food and supplied department, do not use any other website to get the information.
- After filling the complete application form before submitting it, the wrongly or half-filled application form will reject and the concerned department is not responsible for that.
- Attach all required documents as the mention above, either your request form will reject due to making the wrong statement.
- Through all the mention process you can submit your registration but if you need more help can call in 1800 345 5505 or 1967.
Read Also: WB Ration Card New List 2020 District-Wise
Users, here we have provided you the complete details of the West Bengal Digital Ration Card (Online Application/Registration Process). If you have any queries related to the above post then feel free to comment down below. We will assist you shortly. Thanks for visiting www.readermaster.com, stay tuned for more updates.