Andhra Pradesh Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme Apply | Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme Online Form & Benefits | AP Agriculture Electricity Scheme for Farmers
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has launched a new AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme for the people working in the farming sector. This scheme will be implemented in 2021-2022. The scheme focuses on providing free power supply to farmers for this, the government is going to spend 1500 Crore on the scheme. AP State Govt will install smart meters in the houses of farmers for the agriculture power connection. The power bill will be paid on behalf of farmers by crediting the money to their respective accounts. And the bank account will be in the name of farmers. Farmers do not have to pay anything extra other than their basic expenses.
As the agriculture budget 2020-21 and Socio-Economic Survey 2019 to 20, there are 18.72 lakh agricultural power connections by the end of March. But the latest issued order by the Energy Secretary has put the figure, that there are around 17.55 lakh agricultural power connections in Andhra Pradesh state. All the connections will be given free electricity supply in the new scheme. For more details of the Andra Pradesh – AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme 2021 Apply Online | Check Payment Status & Beneficiary List | వ్యవసాయ విద్యుత్ నగదు బదిలీ పథకం, kindly continue reading ahead.
- 1 AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme 2021
- 1.1 Highlights of AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
- 1.2 Objectives & Benefits of AP Agriculture Electricity Scheme
- 1.3 AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Procedure
- 1.4 How to Apply for AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme?
- 1.5 How does AP Agricultural Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme work?
AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme 2021
As we told you above that the Andhra Pradesh Govt has recently started a new scheme (వ్యవసాయ విద్యుత్ నగదు బదిలీ పథకం) for the people working in the farming sector. Under this scheme, the government will install smart meters in the houses of the farmers for agriculture power connections. While launching this scheme, AP Agricultural Minister said, “There would not be any change in the existing free power scheme”.
This AP Agriculture scheme has its own history, the late Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy had an aim to develop the agricultural sector. With a vision of fulfilling the desire of Dr. Reddy, the present Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy has taken over the aim of providing betterment in the farm sector.
Highlights of AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
|Name of Scheme||Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme (AECTS)|
|Launched By||CM YSR Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Objective||Providing monthly power supply bill money|
|Beneficiary||Farmers of the state|
|Starting Date||Available Soon|
|Registration Process||Online / Offline Mode|
|Post Category||AP State Govt Scheme|
Objectives & Benefits of AP Agriculture Electricity Scheme
The objectives of this scheme are to ensure that there will be a proper power supply to the farmers and also providing financial assistance to them.
- AP State Govt will also develop 10,000 MW solar power plants to maintain a smooth and undisturbed power supply for the next 30 years.
- The State government will improve the transmission system to supply more than 9 hours during the day.
- Farmers will be benefited in the way that they will not have to pay or spend the money on power supply electricity bills.
- This scheme has been implemented to improve the status of the farmers and make them self-reliant.
- Steps taken by the State Govt will help the farmers during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and improve their income.
- The installation will be a part of the center’s suggested reform. It will enable a 2% hike in the borrowing limit under FRBM act up to an additional amount of Rs 20,000 crore to the State as a loan.
- The budget allotted for this scheme is around Rs 8400 crore per annum.
AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Procedure
The cash transfer scheme of the State Govt for providing benefits will work as follows:
- Farmers have to open their bank accounts for the cash transfer scheme.
- The list of beneficiaries will be curated by official authorities.
- Whatever be the amount of their monthly will be credited to their account.
- Farmers can use the credited amount for paying the bill of their power supply.
- AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer scheme is only for small and marginal farmers.
- The farmer must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh State.
- Applicant farmer’s recent passport-size photo.
- A Photo ID will be required.
- Permanent residential details.
- A bank account of the farmer is also required.
How to Apply for AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme?
The application/registration procedure will start online after the official launch. Related details of registration will be launched at the end of September month. As soon as the information is out we will inform you of everything through this portal. So stay tuned to our website for more updates.
Steps of Apply Online:
- Visit the official website of the AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme.
- On the home page, click on the option “Apply Online” button.
- The registration form page will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill the form with the necessary detail and upload documents.
- Click on the “Submit” button for the final submission of the application.
How does AP Agricultural Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme work?
All the farmers of Andhra Pradesh must have to open their bank accounts to be a part of this scheme. In the bank account of selected farmers, the state government will transfer the money. After receiving the money, the farmers will have to pay their monthly electricity bills to the concerned power distribution company. As per the latest order, 17.55 lakh connections of agricultural power are issued by the Energy Secretary.
You May Also Like: